29 May, 2017
Email marketing is a popular subcategory of online marketing and it is based on email campaigns.Email marketing is marketing through emails which saves your budget and increase brand recognition. It helps you to stay in touch with your audience on a regular basis, keeping on audience mind and at the tip of their tongue.
Emails can be used to promote your current offers, provide valuable content and build relationship with your audience. It is very easy and trackable way of marketing because of email tracking tools at your disposal. Email Marketing is very flexible and controllable – you can create custom lists with tailor made content for each customer, for better reach and relevancy. Successful email campaigns must be engaging, relevant, informative, and entertaining.
A marketing technology trends analyst states that “Email marketing technology is used by 82% of B2B and B2C companies”. Researches show that email marketing is the most effective channel for a digital marketer; this channel has the potential to give 40% ROI which no other channel could claim.
Incorporating Email marketing in your strategy is a great way to keep customers informed about the latest developments in your business and industry.
Email marketing involves the following steps:
- Choosing an email client such as AWeber or Mailchimp.
- Creating a database for contacts.
- Determining the purpose of the email campaign and the information to be relayed.
- Maintaining a clean, recognisable and simple-to-use email template.
- Testing effectiveness of emails by conducting test runs among a segregated contact list.
- Focusing on the subject line and copy for maximum readability.
- Launch the email campaign and monitor results.
There are different types of email marketing:
- Email Newsletter -Their focus is to build a relationship with leads (subscribers) in order to convert them into active customers.They are regular emails that are sent to subscribers daily, weekly, monthly or yearly.
- Transactional Email–These are emailssent after a specific action has been made. These emails are also very important for ecommerce websites as a way of proving that somebody made a purchase from their website with the given email.
- Direct Email – It directly informs subscribers about current offers, sales, new products etc. They are very similar to the flyers you receive in your post office box or coupons you get at the mall.
- Cold Email – Cold emailing can be your starting activity if you want to introduce your company to people you don’t know, but make sure your content is no difficult. Emails require some connection between a subscriber (usually through a website) and your business.But cold mailing is based on connecting with people without any previous connection. As your a stranger to your audience, our business introduction should be warm and polite, with an option to keep following your business updates if they want to.
Benefits of Email marketing:
- Low cost. No charges for free platforms.
- Good campaign measuring options.
- Easy to use and friendly dashboards.
4 Can directly target people who are interested in your product, whether they are active customers or leads.
Email marketing tools:
In the email marketing world there are a handful of tools which dominate the market place and these tools are useful whether your business organization is small or large. Whilst all of these tools offer solid e-marketing functionality, analytics and reporting, they do have different thresholds in terms of volume and pricing and therefore typical criteria for choosing which tool to use would be the size of your list, your growth plans and the number of emails you are likely to be sending. It’s also worth having a look at the new product features for each tool since many of them are adding smart and useful functionality such as social media integration.
Email marketing tools are tools that marketers use to create, send, test, optimize and report on their email campaigns. An email marketing tool could be a specific tool related to email marketing like an email subject line generator, or an inbox placement testing tool, or a suite of tools that enables a marketer to do all their email marketing end-to-end.
Some of the tools are:
- Campaign monitor.
- Constant contact.
- Mad mimi.
- Auto response Plus(ARP).
- Reach Mail.
- Target Hero.
- Cake Mail.
- Constant Contact
- Aweber Email marketing etc.
With a platform like GetResponse or MailChimp you can get everything from basic functions to intricate analytics, and shopping cart amalgamation. Whereas smaller and more dedicated tools like ARP (auto response plus) or 1CS can be your best bet for smaller projects. As always, the choice depends on where you’re at now and where you want to go.