28 May, 2017
Digital marketing is the marketing of a product or service using digital services mainly on internet but also using in mobile phones, display advertising, and other medium. It is incorporated in everyday life as most people are using digital devices instead of physically visiting shops. Digital marketing campaigns are becoming more common and efficient.
Digital marketing techniques such as search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing(SEM), social media marketing(SMM), social media optimization (SMO), content marketing, influencer marketing, content automation, campaign marketing, data-driven marketing and ecommerce marketing, e-mail direct marketing, display advertising are becoming more common in our advancing technology.
Digital marketing now extends to non-Internet channels that provide digital media, such as mobile phones (SMS and MMS), callback, and on-hold mobile ringtones. Internet marketing is a major component of digital marketing.
Digital marketing is often referred as ‘online marketing’, ‘internet marketing’ or ‘web marketing’. However, it has become the most common term, especially after the year 2013.
Benefits of digital marketing:
- It makes marketing easy.
- Easy to take feedback from the customers or clients.
- It makes easy to know more about the services or products provided by the companies.
- It gives benefits to only to the company or business but also beneficial for the customers.
Basics of Digital Marketing:
- Digital marketing is all about promoting a website online. For that, firstly you must understand both on-page and off-page SEO.
- Know about Google Guidelines. As Google launches many updates yearly once, this might affect digital marketing strategies.
- Find out the tips and instructions to draft content for your website. For digital marketing, you’ve to deal with lots of content and every content should be unique. Each content has its own character count, instructions and methods.
- Get to know the strategies that are in trend. Currently, article and press release marketing are ruling the list. Also, social media strategies, guest blog posting, email marketing, PPC are vital.
Digital Marketing is broad term to simplifying, it includes.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)– It is a process of optimizing a webpage to get organic traffic to your website when a user search’s for a query in the search engine. White hat, black hat and grey hat are the three types. SEO includes on page and off page optimization.
- SEM: Search engine marketing (SEM) is a form of Internet marketing that involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs) primarily through paid advertising. SEM may incorporate search engine optimization (SEO).
- Social Media Marketing (SMM) – Promoting your brand or service on different social media channels to increase traffic to your website, to generate leads or sales for your business. Ex- Face book Marketing
- Social Media Optimisation (SMO): Social media optimization (SMO) is the use of a number of social media outlets and communities to generate publicity to increase the awareness of a product, brand, article or event.
- Pay-Per-Click– PPC is an internet advertising model used to direct traffic to websites. It is another way of promoting your product or service by targeting your audience who is looking for that particular product which you have targeted. You pay each time your ad is clicked by a user.
- Email Marketing– Email is a channel where you can communicate. It can be used for marketing to promote your service, discounts or you can send a bulk mails to your subscribers to communicate or promote your services.
- Content Marketing– Creation or promoting your content to create awareness for your product or services. It includes Blogging, Video Marketing, Podcasting etc.
- Affiliate Marketing– Link based marketing or performance based marketing where you receive commission on promoting someone else product.
A digital marketing strategy is a sort of combination of plans and tools that marketers use. This is setting the goals and creating the plan to get traffic and conversions. A Digital Marketing Strategy is just a plan of action to achieve a desired goal, or multiple goals. In other words, digital marketing strategy is the series of actions that are going to take to help you achieve the goal using digital mediums like website, video, podcasts, blogs etc. It is essential to take advantage of the growing opportunities from digital marketing. An effective digital marketing strategy will help you take the right decisions to make a company successful online.
Here are some digital marketing strategies:
- All business have the main aim to generate revenue, by selling product or services.
- For that you have to attract Customers to your online store (website).
- Know your Objectives, goals, target audience, marketing plan.
- Study the Business.
- Analyse the Current Business Trends.
- Study Competitors.
- Decide the positive and Negative point of your Business by studying Competitor.
- Time frame.
- Make the Plan.
- Apply the Plan.
- Review the Planning.
- Review stages and check in points on the performance success of your strategy, tactics and overall plan.
Digital marketing services:
- Anyone who wants to achieve a specific professional goal online – companies, agencies, freelancers, bloggers… etc.
- Marketers struggling in market and want a strong online presence.
- People who want to increase traffic and sales to his or her website
- Anyone who want to connect with right audience through social media and many other factors.
- With so many competitors out there you need to reach your buyers and in online world you can do it only with well-planned digital marketing campaigns. Every business could benefit from using a well made direct response digital marketing system.